I decided to use two essential oils - Lemon and Tea Tree ... and the smell is divine.
I put three heaped scoops of grape pop mica, lemon pop mica and red oxide into three plastic cups. I mixed the red oxide with a little water to make sure there were no lumps ... and I should have mixed the mica with a little oil ... so have made a note to do that next time. At light trace I added unscented soap to each of these cups and mixed them well. Then poured each one into a sauce bottle.
Next I added the EO to the main soap and stick blended. Here's were things happened quicker than I expected and I let the soap get to thick trace ... instead of pouring in to the mould at medium trace.
I squirted a few lines of the three colours on the base and sides of the moulds and then gently poured the soap in.
The soap was too thick, so when I started to make 'flower' patterns, the lightly traced coloured soap appeared to 'roll' off the bumps on top of the heavy trace soap. At this point I decided to change the plan and to make lines and patterns with the three colours.
I don't like this looks, but the smell is divine!
Bars up close ... still don't like this look ... but am loving the smell!