Sunday, 10 August 2008

We are back

We had a great five days in Sydney with our kids, then it was off to New Zealand.

We arrived at the same time as a storm 'hit' the North Island and there was plenty of 'fat' NZ rain landing on our island ... the South Island.

We flew into Christchurch and spent a night with my hubby's bro and step bro. Then to Ashburton for lunch with an Aunty and Uncle of my hubby. Spent two nights in Waimate visiting my parents, bro and sis. Then to Moeraki to my girlfriends for the night, plus a stop in Oamaru to catch up with a couple of my hubby's Aunties. Next to Mosgiel for four nights with my hubby's Mum.

We had many gatherings with family and friends, including a 'live wake' with around 50 people. Friends organised this, and invited between 20-30 of my hubby's past work and hockey friends. Seems like the news got out and many more made the effort to call in. It was an emotional time, but exciting to see so many friends in one place.

Next we flew from Dunedin to Wellington and spent a night with an awesome couple we met when we lived in Fiji. Then a friend picked us up and drove us to his home in Hastings. Then a day trip to Wairoa to have lunch with the Mum's of two special friends. This was a great time, plus my hubby and I shared our first 'boil up pie' ... and it was good!

Next our friend drove us to Auckland, where a girlfriend of mine from Fiji joined us for tea, for our last night in New Zealand.

Flying Business Class was fun ... loads of leg room, good drinks, food and service!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails