Friday, 22 September 2006

Week 59 - Adjustment 9

Uppers ... bracket replaced. My ortho put an InVu ceramic bracket on my left upper lateral. It's even smaller than the 3M clarity bracket that was on their before ... and very nice!

Then replaced the old partial powerchain and ligs with new purple ones ... much better!

Lowers ... a powerchain was put to link all teeth together. This was when I discovered the sad news that my ortho only has three colours of powerchains, clear, silver and bright blue. I so wanted either purple or black ... so went with boring silver, since I've been wearing bright blue for a while now and they quickly change to sea green due to all the curry I eat.

He was happy with my elastic progress and I'm to continue with 23 1/2 hr a day wear, with my only release being to clean my teeth! He said to expect things to happen soon, as now that my lowers are all in the one powerchain, the elastics will be pulling them all, not just working on the teeth they're hooked to!

He said goodbye and wished me a great time in Fiji! Next appointment to be in eight weeks.

... this was a hard adjustment as my head just wasn't in the room. I'd been listening to Steve Irwin's farewell at Aussie Zoo and I was still feeling totally shattered when my ortho's assistant called me in for treatment. I wish I'd had a good cry before that, a I think that would have helped. Instead I cried for quite a while on the drive home, and then again when I checked out the video coverage online!

... I've decided that at my next appointment ... which I think is mid November, I'll take a copy of the ordering details for powerchains from an Australian dental supplier and ask my ortho if I can order a couple of rolls so that I can have purple and black ... or purple and something!

... apart from that ... I can already feel and see movement. My uppers keep clashing with my lowers ... now it's been a long time since that's happened, so the powerchains and the elastics are doing a great job! A little sensitivity with my front lower four ... but nothing to stop me eating or take a pain med!

... will take photos soon ... as there has already been changes! Amazing!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails