Monday, 8 August 2005

Think I've discovered the most annoying thing about braces ...

I know it's only been five days, but I reckon I've made a discovery!

The most annoying thing about braces is ... you can't take the damn things off ... not even for just a minute or two, or an hour or two, or a day or two, or a week or two ... umm maybe that's also why they work ... coz you can't!

After five days I've come to the realisation that if I want a break from them ... well tough luck ... for the next couple of years it's not going to happen ... and that's really scary! I mean all I want to do is to brush my teeth and of course the braces ... but separately ... it would make life so much easier not to mention quicker!

Imagine how good it would be to be able to remove them to eat ... wow ... no problems with more food in your 'grill' than in your stomach. You'd be able to eat green things without the fear that you might open your mouth in front of some unsuspecting person and ruin their meal!

Imagine when the inside of your cheek or lip has a crater craved in it coz of some pokey bracket, hook or wire. You'd just take them out and give your mouth a rest and when it's all better ... in they'd go again! How difficult can that be ... ?

It sounds easy to me ... but then I know there has to be a reason why you can't do this ... and I'm guessing that there's people out there who can't be trusted to put them back in ... and so they've ruined it for the rest of us!

1 comment:

laura said...

That's me lol. I'd be the person who ruined it. Even if my teeth could've been fixed with Invisalign, I'd still have to go with ordinary braces because I know exactly how it'd go down.

One week of being good. Then I'd start leaving it out longer after meals. Then when I'm around people. Then all day. And finally it'd only be in at night. 10 years later, and it'd still be dragging on.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails